Accounting and Finance Salaries
Finding a skilled and trustworthy finance and accounting executive is a task of the utmost importance for your organization. ABR Professional Search’s Salary Guide provides current market information as the best way to understand current trends and assist with budgeting salary ranges. Over the past two years, we have collected salary data from more than 8,000 candidate interviews across several categories and skill sets. We are sharing these salary insights for Accounting and Finance salaries below:
Accounting and Finance Salaries From Controller and Manager to Accountant and Analyst.
Accounting and Finance compensation progresses as a career matures. ABR’s Salary Survey for 2022 found that:
- Controllers had a median pay of $130,000 in 2022, up 8% from $120,000 in 2019. The current base salary range is from $80,000 to as high as $220,000.
- Managers of Accounting or Finance reported a salary range from $90,000 to $180,000 with a median of $125,000. This is up 4% from $120,000 in 2020.
- Cost Accountant respondents said their base pay ranged from $100,000 to $155,000 with the median at $125,000.
- Accountant/Senior Accountant had a median pay of $80,000, identical to 2021 and up 14% from 2020, but ranged widely from $60,000 to $140,000 depending on seniority, size of the company, and job location.
- Financial Analysts reported base salaries ranging from $60,000 to $130,000 with the median being $95,000, up 6% from 2021.
Accounting and Finance Leadership: Director of Finance, VP of Finance, and Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Finance had a median base pay of $170,000 in 2022 and ranged from $100,000 to $220,000. The median is up 6% from 2020 and 2021 when the median reported for both years was $160,000.
- VP of Finance reported salaries ranging from $120,000 to $300,000 with the median at $200,000. This is up 11% from 2019 when it was a median of $180,000.
- CFO professionals had a median pay of $230,000 in 2022, up 12% over 2021 and up 31% from 2019. The range they reported was from $150,000 to as high as $300,000.
Feel free to reach out to our team or contact us to assist you with launching a new search to hire an Accounting / Finance professional for your company today.
ABR Professional Search’s Salary Guide
ABR Professional Search’s Salary Guide provides current market information as the best way to understand current trends and assist with budgeting salary ranges.
Download your free copy today to gain access to the range and median of salaries including c-suite, operations, and administrative roles.Download Now
Turn Data into Results with Skilled Accounting and Finance Professionals
From balancing the books to discovering game-changing data patterns, every organization depends on the expertise of finance and accounting professionals to keep things running. Let ABR’s Professional Search recruiters find you the best of the best. Contact our Professional Search executive recruiters today so you can stop stressing over empty seats.